Tuesday, November 6, 2012

3Racing Independent Front Suspension up close






Alright, met up with the Monday F1 Posse at Mikes last night for some carpet madness. Ran my Ultra and my F1R that I threw together the night before. Also 1/12 and WGT, but who cares right? Title says FGX front end or something so that's what I will briefly talk about. Robert has it, I saw it, snapped some shots. There you go. He added the Exotek Front Arms, and evidently was feeling a little crazy, he added a 17.5 instead of the 21.5. On our tight carpet track I wouldn't have suggested it, much less tried it. But Robert did and it looked good. He chased my WGT for several minutes nose to tail until my 1 cell slowed down and his 2 cell kept going. He liked it a lot. He mentioned that he would never have been able to run like that without the new Exotek arms. Car looked good, fast, stable, everything you would expect from he FGX with the exception on sturdy. Yeah I said sturdy, he tangled with 2 WGT's and a sedan and came out in one piece more than once. 3Racing has beefed up the upper deck, especially that area that we all have broken a time or seven. I do not think he broke anything last night. Which is more than I can say.

 In honor of the FGX I broke a front end on my Ultra and a composite rear pod on my F1R! Ultra took a couple of hard hits and a really nice looking tumble before it let go, as for the F1R, not sure, was using the Tamiya carbon reinforced rear pod and well.... the stock plastic pod is stronger, I didn't even wreck it. Just started acting weird with the gear mesh, saw I had a crack on the top motor mount screw.

So want to hear MY FGX test drive story? Well I dont have one, I didn't even ask to drive it. Knowing my history with the FGX, I was kinda surprised Robert let me get close enough to take those pics. Sounds like 3Racing has a winner, and for around $30 US, hell, why not? Looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment